Finding an Org for you
Below you can search for organizations by keyword and browse alphabetically or by category. By clicking on the organization name you can view information about the organization and contact information. If you have any questions about the organization or are interested in joining, contact one of the student officers or the faculty advisor.
Search for Organizations
Browse For Organizations
Browse By Letter
Browse By Category
Get Involved! Get Connected!
Being a part of a student organization is a great way to:
• become involved
• meet people
• Develop leadership skills
• have fun
• enhance professional experience
Metropolitan State University of Denver has over 120 student organizations whose focuses range from academic to social. It is likely there is a student organization that fits your interests. If you can’t find an org that excites you, it is easy to start your own. The Student Activities team is here to assist you in any way.
Joining an Org
In order to join a student organization you must create an “OrgSync” account and request membership through the OrgSync portal. Click here to create an OrgSync account: http://www.orgsync.com/.
Be sure to select "Metropolitan State University of Denver" as your community. Once you create an account you will be directed to the MSU Denver community home page.
Search or browse for organizations that interest you. When you find an org click the “Join Now” button on the right side of the screen. In a pop up window, you will submit a request to join. An officer from the organization will approve your request and you will be notified of your approval through OrgSync. To check your notifications, click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, then click on "notifications".
For assistance in starting an account and joining an org feel free to stop by the Office of Student Activities (Tivoli 305).
Starting an Org
If you cannot find a student organization that fits you, start a new one. All you need is four student officers, one full-time MSU Denver faculty/staff member to serve as your advisor, and a constitution. The president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary will attend an officer training session with the Student Org Team. In order to register your organization all officers will need to create “OrgSync” accounts. Once your accounts are created you can register your organization simply by completing an organization profile in OrgSync. Come by the Student Activities office (Tivoli 305) for help with this process.
The Office of Student Activities and the Student Org Team is here to assist you in anyway. Come by our office in the Tivoli, Room 305 or call us at 303-556-2595. The Student Organization Staff provides administrative and accounting support to student organizations at MSU Denver. We are here to help you register your organization and assist in the process along the way. We are also here to help with anything during the semester.
HOW TO JOIN A STUDENT ORGANIZATION
- Go to OrgSync.com
- In the upper-right corner, click "Sign Up"
- Select "Metropolitan State University of Denver" as your community
- Enter your basic information and click "Create Account"
- You will be routed to MSU Denver's Community Home Page
- In the blue bar at the top of the page click "Organizations"
- Search or browse for organizations that interest you
- When you find an organization click the "Join Now"
- In a pop up window, you will submit a request to join
- An Officer from the organization will approve your request
HOW TO START A STUDENT ORGANIZATION
- Identify 4 students as organization officers
- Write a constitution
- Select a MSU Denver faculty or staff member to serve as your organization advisor
- Go to OrgSync.com
- Click "sign up" in the upper right corner
- Choose MSU Denver as your community
- Enter your basic information and click create account
- Click on "organizations" in the blue bar at the top of the page
- Click on "register new organizations"
- Create a profile and upload your constitution
- President, Vice President, Secretary and treasurer attend an officer training