Procedures and guidelines for elections of the ASU are as follows:
1. Annual election shall be held in the fourth week of fall semesters in order to elect Board of Trustees and officers of the Executive Committee. This creates consistency.
2. The Board of Trustees shall serve for one academic year. (Fall, spring, and summer.)
3. Any Executive Committee will continue its duties until the newly elected Executive Committee assumes charge of the ASU during the fifth week of classes in the Fall semester.
4. The nominees of the elections must reach the Elections Committee a week before any election.
5. The beginning week of elections the Election Committee shall meet with nominees to review, the constitution, and review election procedures.
6. Following this meeting all nominees will be finalized, and the opportunity to run will end.
7. The day of Elections the presence of ASU members will solely be to hear the speeches of the nominees and proceed with voting.
8. The nominees as well as the voters shall be members of ASU.
9. The Election Committee shall pass out ballots in a nonpartisan manner. After which tally up the results and proceed to announce them.